Development, Transportation, Pedestrians
The CCA’s Development and Transportation and Pedestrian Issues Committees keep us up-to-date on projects impacting Carlington residents. Below you will find information on projects awaiting zoning by-law amendments, site plan approvals or completion of construction. Recently completed projects are available on the Archived Projects page. For more information on any of these projects, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most recent City of Ottawa Zoning Map for Carlington: March 2020 (PDF, 560Kb).
- Alexander Community Centre Expansion
- Best Western Plus Hotel
- 1240 Carling Avenue (at Merivale)
- 1330 Carling Avenue (2nd Chance Auto)
- 1640-1660 Carling Avenue (old Canadian Tire)
- Carling Avenue Rehabilitation Project
- Civic Hospital: New Campus
- 861 Clyde Avenue (old Neilson Dairy)
- 864 Lady Ellen Place
- Merivale North Community Design Plan
- 1083 Merivale Road
- Merivale Road Integrated Renewal Project
- 1435 & 1455 Morisset Avenue
- Morisset Avenue Pump Station (formerly Carlington Heights Pump Station)
- 1387-89 Raven Avenue
- 1186 Shillington Avenue
- 970-974 Silver Street (at Shillington)
- 1058-1066 Silver Street (at Summerville)
- Viscount Avenue Integrated Renewal Project
- Westgate Shopping Centre
Latest news on development and transportation…
Site plans have been submitted and are awaiting approval.
City Councillor Riley Brockington is hosting this info session with the applicant on Tuesday, July 19, 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. (over Zoom)
City Councillor Riley Brockington is hosting a public meeting about the proposal at the corner of Silver Street and Summerville Avenue.
At the CCA’s Annual General Meeting, Riley submitted his annual report about Carlington’s development and infrastructure projects, as well as upcoming events.
City staff have finished their report to the Built Heritage Sub-Committee and are waiting for approval on five recommendations.
A virtual Public Information Session will be held on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. over Zoom. Registration is required.
The CCA is preparing a petition about this issue to send to our City Councillor. Please give us your feedback; results will be shared at the next CCA meeting on February 15, 2022.