Development, Transportation, Pedestrians
The CCA’s Development and Transportation and Pedestrian Issues Committees keep us up-to-date on projects impacting Carlington residents. Below you will find information on projects awaiting zoning by-law amendments, site plan approvals or completion of construction. Recently completed projects are available on the Archived Projects page. For more information on any of these projects, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most recent City of Ottawa Zoning Map for Carlington: March 2020 (PDF, 560Kb).
- Alexander Community Centre Expansion
- Best Western Plus Hotel
- 1240 Carling Avenue (at Merivale)
- 1330 Carling Avenue (2nd Chance Auto)
- 1640-1660 Carling Avenue (old Canadian Tire)
- Carling Avenue Rehabilitation Project
- Civic Hospital: New Campus
- 861 Clyde Avenue (old Neilson Dairy)
- 864 Lady Ellen Place
- Merivale North Community Design Plan
- 1083 Merivale Road
- Merivale Road Integrated Renewal Project
- 1435 & 1455 Morisset Avenue
- Morisset Avenue Pump Station (formerly Carlington Heights Pump Station)
- 1387-89 Raven Avenue
- 1186 Shillington Avenue
- 970-974 Silver Street (at Shillington)
- 1058-1066 Silver Street (at Summerville)
- Viscount Avenue Integrated Renewal Project
- Westgate Shopping Centre
Latest news on development and transportation…
Tuesday, September 19, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. at the Alexander Community Centre
This is the corner of Clyde and Carling where the Canadian Tire store now is.
The City of Ottawa has released TMP Part 1 materials, revised after feedback from residents and stakeholders.
This is the public’s first chance to provide feedback on the new by-law. Surveys end on July 28, 2023.
Learn about Heritage Character Areas and how Carlington become one.
Two storage buildings are being planned for the end of Lady Ellen Place beside the Queensway.
Thursday, February 9, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. Registration is required. The applicant will present the application and answer questions.