About the CCA
- A volunteer-run, not-for-profit dedicated to building a greener, safer and better Carlington.
- A forum for discussions of local and municipal issues.
- A focus of dialogue with our city councillor (and other politicians at other levels of government).
- A framework for neighbourhood projects, activities and social events.
Our 3 primary goals:
Advocacy: promoting, mobilizing and engaging our community.
Connectivity: providing a forum for individuals to engage on matters they share in common.
Education: gathering, housing, producing and sharing knowledge.
Never miss a meeting or event again! Follow CCA on social media or subscribe to the free CCA Newsletter.
- Everyone is welcome at our meetings.
- You don’t have to be a member of the CCA; however, only members can vote, propose motions, etc., at general meetings. Guest speakers are invited as needed to keep us up-to-date on current issues.
- General Meetings: Usually the second Tuesday of September, November and February at the Alexander Community Centre, 960 Silver Street (Map). Watch out for notices: the dates can change depending on the availability of space at Alexander and schedules of board members.
- Annual General Meeting: The second Tuesday in May. The Board reports on its activities for the preceding year. Elections are held for any board positions that need to be filled.
- Board Meetings: Observers are welcome at board meetings, but cannot participate in the meetings themselves but can ask questions or discuss issues with board members after the meeting.
Board Members 2018-2019
- Adele Stubbert, Activities Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Melanie Zahab, Greening Committee (email@example.com)
- Kristen Bennett, Membership Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tara Beechey (email@example.com)
- Dave Janveau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lisa Rossman (email@example.com)
- Robert Brinker, Development and Transportation Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Development and Transportation Committee: Provides a forum for interested community members to constructively debate and discuss development and transportation issues. Submits recommendations and written proposals to the Board of Directors to provide it with guidance on association interventions and submissions regarding local development matters. Works continually to develop the association’s knowledge and expertise in municipal traffic management, construction, zoning, infill and other development issues. For information on current projects, please see Development and Transportation Projects.
- Greening Committee: Participates in projects to help make Carlington greener and cleaner! Organizes the annual CCA Yard and Plant Sale, maintains the green space at the triangle at Carling and Merivale and co-ordinates the Adopt-a-Park commitment to cleaning up Alexander Park twice a year.
- Activities Committee: In order to bring Carlington community members together, it serves as a channel between the CCA and local community centres / organizations for public events and local programming. Works on creating additional events relevant to all community members. Committee members volunteer at local community-friendly events.
- Membership Committee: Responsible for fostering relationships with members. Works throughout the year on recruitment, retention and renewal of members. Goal: to encourage as many households as possible in the Carlington community to be engaged with the CCA through membership drives.
- To participate in any of the above committees, please send an email to: email@example.com.
- Alexander Healthful Food Working Group: Workshops provide an opportunity for community residents to share interests on the topic of gardening and food. Led by a Carlington Community Health Centre employee, the Working Group identifies and addresses concerns with the aim being to set goals and initiate change moving forward. (To participate, please call 613.722.4000, ext. 299.)
- Safety Audit Committee: Led by Carlington Community Health Centre staff, the Committee regularly conducts Safety Audit Walks throughout the community with expert representatives from WISE or other safety partners on selected streets in Carlington neighbourhoods during both daytime and evening hours. Members participate in walks and review results of the walks. This provides residents with opportunities to voice safety concerns. (To participate, please call 613.722.4000, ext. 299.)
CCA Meeting Schedule: 2019-2020
- (Wed) Sept 11, 2019: Board Meeting
- (Tues) Sept 24, 2019: General Meeting
- (Wed) Oct 2, 2019: Board Meeting
- (Wed) Nov 6, 2019: Board Meeting
- (Sat) Nov 23, 2019: General Meeting (Potluck Lunch)
- (Wed) Jan 8, 2020: Board Meeting
- (Wed) Feb 5, 2020 Board Meeting
- (Tues) Feb 18, 2020: General Meeting
- (Wed) Mar 4, 2020: Board Meeting
- (Wed) April 1, 2020: Board Meeting
- (Wed) May 6, 2020: Board Meeting
- (Tues) May 26, 2020: Annual General Meeting
- (Wed) June 3, 2020: Board Meeting
Alexander Community Centre
960 Silver Avenue
7:00 to 9:00 p.m.