Development and Transportation Projects
Alexander Community Centre Expansion
- Project Type: Renovation and expansion of existing building
- Status: Funding is approved; planning is on-going.
- Last updated: January 2022
Details: At the CCA’s May 2021 AGM, Councillor Brockington presented the 3 options drawn up by the City. As well, he distributed a flyer outlining the 3 options to all Carlington residents to solicit feedback through an Engage Ottawa survey. He also held pop-up consultations at both the Alexander and Bellevue Community Centres. Residents are excited to see a new kitchen, a teen lounge and computer space and the potential for library services. They are also supportive of a new gym, especially the youth, and that it could be divided into two separate spaces.
Councillor Brockington is contuing discussions with Parks and Rec staff. A consultation feedback report will be released. Funds ($8.5M) have been set aside in the 2022 budget. The City continues to discuss with the Ottawa Public Library its interest in a library branch here. The OPL has to decide whether to make a recommendation to their Board.
Stay up-to-date on local development and transportation issues:
- Subscribe to City Councillor Riley Brockington’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Or view the reports Riley makes at the CCA General meetings on our Documents webpage.