Carlington Loves Pollinators
How do I get native plants?
Buy native plants and seeds from specialty stores, swap seeds and plants with neighbours, collect seed from the wild.
Find out more….
- Annual plant sale held in May by Friends of the Farm in the K.W. Neatbe Building parking lot. Check their Events page
- Annual plant sale held in June at the Fletcher Wildlife Garden.
- Ottawa Wildflower Seed Library, “borrow” seeds for free, return seeds when you can
From Berit Erickson’s website:
- Buying native plants, gives a list of local native plant specialists.
- Growing native plants from seed, lists local seed sources as well as how to save money by growing your plants from seed.
From Friends of Carlington and Hampton Parks:
- Growing Native Wildflowers from Seed (webinar)
Pollinator InformationTable of Contents
- Why are pollinators so important?
- How do I get started?
- Why native plants?
- How do I choose the plants?
- How do I get native plants?
- Be a lazy gardener