Development and Transportation Projects
Morisset Avenue Pump Station (formerly Carlington Heights Pump Station)
- Project Type: New construction, old structure to be demolished
- Location: Top of Carlington Hill in Carlington Park
- Status: Construction scheduled for 2022, to last until Spring 2025
- Last updated: April 2022
Details: A new, larger pump station will be constructed at the top of Carlington Hill, west of the existing one, so that it can provide adequate emergency supply to the City’s various water pressure zones in the future. The current pump station will remain in operation until the new one is built. Water mains will then be re-routed to the new pump station. Once the new station is operational, the old pump station will be demolished about 6 months later, after the new pump station has been fully commissioned and is operating to the full satisfaction of the city.
In May 2017, the City of Ottawa gave an information session about this project. Another public information session was hosted April 13, 2022.
For more information about this project, please see the City of Ottawa website.
Stay up-to-date on local development and transportation issues:
- Subscribe to City Councillor Riley Brockington’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Or view the reports Riley makes at the CCA General meetings on our Documents webpage.