OC Transpo will be offering unlimited free service on buses, the O-Train and Para Transpo in December, in recognition of the considerable disruption faced by transit users following the suspension of O-Train Line 1 service.
OC Transpo is also making it as easy as possible for customers:
- From December 1 to 31, fare gates at all O-Train stations will be opened and fare boxes and smartcard readers on all OC Transpo buses will be covered.
- Monthly December passes will not be sold. Presto customers with auto-renew subscriptions will see a one-cent charge which will be credited back to their account.
- U-Pass customers or customers with a school board issued pass do not need to tap their card at O-Train stations or on OC Transpo buses.
- All Para Transpo trips during December will be at no charge. Regular fares continue to apply to transit customers travelling on the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) system.
- Customers who had a monthly pass on their Presto card in November and U-Pass customers should tap their card as they board but no charges will be applied. Other customers will need to pay the applicable STO fare.