Learn workplace essential skills and receive pre-employment training!
New program starts: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2021.
Shop Floor Training location: Algonquin College Campus, 1385 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa. (See map.)
The Wood Manufacturing Council offers an exciting training program which offers on-the-job placement, free complete shop gear, safety certifications and lots more. Qualified candidates should take advantage of this unique opportunity.
The training offers:
- 2 weeks of Essential Skills training
- 10 weeks of Shop Floor training
- 12 weeks of On-the-Job Work Placement
- Free shop gear: steel-toed work boots, carpenters’ pouch, tools
- Repayment of bus fare used for travel to program training sites if required
- Safety certifications with all the latest credentials