One tree in each of the following Carlington parks (Alexander, Meadowvale, Raven and Pleasure) been designated as the trees to be decorated in the Association’s “Merry and Bright” Tree Decorating Contest.
Each of the trees to be decorated will have a gold star at the top of the tree, and a sign explaining the tree-decorating contest. There will also be big red ribbon bows.
Tree Locations (see also the photos at the end of this post)
- Alexander Park: Between the hockey rink and the playground
- Meadowvale Park: Between the field house and the pool
- Pleasure Park: Right on the playground gazebo
- Raven Park: Between the basketball court and the playground
.Here’s how the contest works:
- Make a home-made tree ornament from recycled materials.
- A new idea for making tree ornaments from recycled materials will be posted every day from December 1 to December 12 on the CCA Facebook page and on the “Merry and Bright” Tree Decorating Contest Ornament Ideas page.
- Take a photo of yourself and your ornament in front of the ornament tree in one or more of the parks.
- You can make as many ornaments as you like and put them on as many trees as you like, but you must submit a separate photo of each ornament.
- After the photo, make sure to attach your ornament securely to the tree so it won’t get blown away.
- Email the photo to email@example.com to enter the draw for gift certificates for the Carlington Holiday Market.
- Contest runs from December 1 to December 14, 2020. (Photos must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. on December 14, 2020.)
- Each photo will allow you one entry in the draw.
- Photos will be shared online unless you tell us that you don’t want your photo to be shared.
- Winners will be informed during the week of December 21, 2020.