Once a month, you can order a box of fresh fruit and vegetables and pick them up locally, thanks to the Ottawa Good Food Box program.
The Ottawa Good Food Box is focused on addressing food insecurity in Ottawa by increasing access to fresh fruits and vegetables at affordable prices. They offer their customers different-sized boxes of fruits and vegetables to purchase. Pre-ordered boxes are delivered once a month.
- Order your box before 11:00 am on the THIRD WEDNESDAY of each month.
- You can order and pay for your box online: https://ottawagoodfoodbox.ca/products-and-how-to-buy/our-boxes/
- Or call Turtle, co-ordinator at the CCHC, at 613.722.4000 to order your box (and pay cash for it when you pick it up).
- Your box will be delivered to the Carlington Community Health Centre (900 Merivale Road) on the FOURTH WEDNESDAY of each month. Pick up your box between 2:00 and 4:00 pm.
- Customers need to bring their own bags (you don’t actually get a “box”).
- Orders not picked up during the pickup time will be donated. If you can’t come, you can send someone to pick up your order.
Here are the options for fruit and vegetables:
(60% vegetables, 40% fruit; 7-11 items):
- $20 box – recommended for 3-4 people.
- $15 box – recommended for 2 people.
- $10 box – recommended for 1 person.
- $25 organic box – recommended for 2 people. All organic & often local products.
You can also get a box of ONLY fruit: $5 fruit bag – includes 4-5 different fruit varieties.
Use this link to see the dates for ordering and pick-ups: https://ottawagoodfoodbox.ca/location/carlington-chc/