Carlington’s skating rinks all have a 1 large rink and 1 puddle rink. In general, the large rinks are used for ice hockey, community centre skating programs and public skating (during the latter no hockey is allowed).
Maintenance of the rinks is funded by the City of Ottawa. The CBN Alexander Sens Rink and the Meadowvale Terrace Park rinks are overseen and maintained by an amazing group of volunteers. Any left-over funding goes towards the Carlington Community Association for projects, community events/Carlington Community Grant, etc.
The Alexander and Meadowvale rinks have public community skate times, as well as change rooms & washrooms
CBN Sens Rink at Alexander Park, 960 Silver Street
- Public Community Skating: Saturdays, 9 to 10 am and 12 to 1 pm
- Seniors Skating: Tuesdays, 1 to 2 pm
- Puddle rink is always open for public skating
- Change Room/Washroom Hours (Note: located at the back of the Alexander Community Centre and look onto the swings).
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:00 to 7:00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 to 5:00 pm
Meadowvale Terrace Park, 1205 Trenton Ave
- Large rink is for hockey
- Puddle rink (no hockey allowed) is for public skating
- Change Room/Washroom Hours (located in the Meadowvale Terrace Park Field House)
- Mondays and Tuesdays, 4:00 to 9:00 pm
- Fridays, 5:00 to 10:00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 to 3:00 pm
Other Carlington Parks with rinks:
– Raven Park, 1500 Larose Ave.
– Bellevue Park, 1520 Caldwell Ave (beside the Carlington Recreation Centre)