The Carlington Community Association (CCA) is seeking volunteers for a number of committees to help us build on our theme of “Community Connections”. We are looking for people with interest in a wide range of areas. Most committees will involve only a minimal time commitment. Input and interest are the most important criteria.
Please contact the CCA for more information on any of the following committees:
• Activities: Meet with fellow community members to brainstorm ideas for new activities that could draw together Carlington residents and help bring these activities to life! Some ideas include: a book club, a run club, and a craft circle. We would be open to all input!
• Greening: Participate in projects to help make Carlington greener and cleaner! Currently Committee members help to organize the annual CCA Yard and Plant Sale, maintain the green space at the triangle at Carling and Merrivale and co-ordinate our Adopt-a-Park commitment to cleaning up Alexander Park twice a year. The more members we have, the more we can do – new ideas always welcome!
• By-laws: Do you want to help the CCA become a stronger organization? It is time to review and revise the CCA’s bylaws! The by-law team will present their recommendations to the general membership for adoption at the May AGM.
• Connections: The CCA is looking to build our outreach and coordination efforts throughout Carlington. To do so, we would like to form small community groups in our different neighbourhoods. Do you have specific interests you want to bring forward from your neighbours? If so, this could be the committee for you!
• Development: Carlington is growing and there are many development projects ongoing and upcoming that affect our neighbourhood. Join this committee to help track, better understand, and advise on these developments.
Have a project or idea you'd like to see implemented? We want to support you! Share your proposal and the CCA will help promote and find volunteers who share an interest. If you are willing to take the lead, we will help get the word out!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org