Board Members Present: Jerry, Darlene, Linda, Margaux, Josh and Chelsea
Absent: Diane, Phil, Sarah
- Josh call to order
- Approval of Agenda
- Jerry moved
- Linda seconded
- All in favour
- Minutes to be typed by Darlene
- Chelsea to ask Phil to send electronic copy of report
- Approve minutes by email
- Reflection of Tuesdays Meeting
- Big issue was lack of respectful conduct
- Board recognizes a failure to adequately discuss among themselves the issue of 1110 Fisher before the meeting of March 12th in order to be fully aware of the issue at hand. The end result was a Board that was unprepared to adequately discuss the issue.
- The Board also recognizes that community members did not feel adequately represented.
- The Way Forward
- Josh proposed an action plan for 1110 Fisher:
i. Recognize and act upon the community’s desire to see the CCA echo their concerns and opposition to the proposed development at 1110 Fisher Avenue
ii. Finalize our analysis of the proposed rezoning and use it to inform a position statement that we can use in meetings with planning staff and the developer
iii. Invite residents with properties having a direct abutment to the lot at 110 Fisher to attend a meeting with the developer, planning staff and Councillor to voice their concerns and ask questions (Date to be provided shortly).
iv. Follow up on the CCA’s request for a facilitated public meeting with planning staff for interested community members to better understand the process and how they can take part, to ask questions and to voice their concerns (Councillor has already agreed to work with staff to facilitate this request).
v. Make arrangements to appear before the planning Committee when this proposal comes up for debate and be prepared to make cogent, informed, land use planning arguments for our position.
- We discussed an action plan based on a report of the Development Committee. Linda made a motion “Be it resolved that the Carlington Community Association does not support the proposed R5 rezoning at 1110 Fisher Avenue”; Jerry seconded and all Directors present were in favour. We will carry this message forward as part of the planning process.
- Special meeting requested by 10 or more members. Date set for 7pm to 9pm April 3rd, 2013. This will be considered a Special General Meeting which will discuss exclusively 1110 Fisher Avenue.
- AGM nominating committee appointments.
- Facilitate board recruitment
- Wendy and Chelsea will form the committee
- The role and mandate of the committee was described. After the President’s report the Board formally resigns when our term ends and the nominating committee presents their report and the election process begins.
iv. Jerry moves Wendy Vasbinder & Chelsea be named as CCA AGM nominating committee
- Linda seconded
- All in favour
v. Dore took past minutes of AGM meeting; we need to find for the next AGM meeting which will take place on May 14th at 7pm.
- Margaux moved for this date; Jerry seconded; All in favour.
- Can we develop a process to deal with redevelopment (this is a major reason that people attend CCA meetings and visit our website).
i. Hintonburg has a process – consider inviting them to speak about their processes and best practices.
ii. Committee Governance Issue / Procedure
iii. Propose creation of Guidelines and Code of Conduct at future meetings
- Carlington Family Day May 20th, 2013
i. Enbridge BBQs (Margaux to apply for them to provide equipment and cooks)
ii. Seek donations from businesses (Margaux to identify potential sponsors; Darlene willing to approach two businesses identified by Margaux to make a request for food).
- Membership Drive – next meeting April 12th; board members asked to collect flyers at that meeting for later drop off
- W.E. Gowling Campaign for French Immersion – requesting space on the website
i. To be provided in the form of a Blog Tag
ii. They want to have a URL/website that will redirect to our site (the blog tag)
iii. Can be discussed at the April meeting
- Cleaning Up The Capital
i. Marc and Sarah will present our plan at the next meeting
Motion to end the meeting by Linda at 3:50pm. Margaux seconded; All in favour.