We're pleased to host Hintonburg's Cheryl Parrott in a discussion about community security on Tuesday November 13. We hope you can join us at the Alexander Community Centre (960 Silver Street) at 7pm.
A copy of our agenda for tonight's meeting is posted below.
Carlington Community Association Board Meeting #4 (2012-13)
November 13, 2012
1. Call to order/Welcome
2. Approval of agenda
3. Update from City Hall
4. Introduce guest speaker Cheryl Parrott
5. Guest speaker presentation
6. Q&A/discussion/next steps
7. Board vacancy
8. Approval of minutes from previous meetings
9. Treasurer’s report
10. Membership report
11. Development committee report
12. Greening Carlington report
13. Debrief on Fall cleanup/planting
14. Community building update
15. Fundraising update
Care about preserving the best of our community and attracting positive development in Carlington? Join us tonight for our first ever CCA development committee meeting and get involved!
CCA DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
ALEXANDER COMMUNITY CENTRE
960 SILVER STREET
NOVEMBER 8, 2012 7-9 PM
1) Welcome and Introductions
2) Approval of Agenda
3) Discuss summary of initial brainstorming and seek consensus on priorities
4) Discuss implementation strategy
5) Develop mission statement
6) Discuss roles and responsibilities of committee
7) Discuss communication/education/engagement and partnerships
8) Next steps - Next meeting
Cheryl Parrott, Hintonburg community activist and our November guest speaker.
The CCA is pleased to invite you to join us next Tuesday evening for our November general meeting, featuring guest speaker Cheryl Parrott, a long time volunteer and community activist in Hintonburg and current co-Chair of the Hintonburg Community Association's Security Committee.
For years, Cheryl has been a tireless advocate for safer, cleaner streets and a better Hintonburg. She has worked with the Ottawa Police Service, local businesses, landlords and community members to push for changes that slowly but surely encouraged positive development and an improved Hintonburg.
The CCA has identified building a safer Carlington as one of our key community priorities. Stopping the spread of graffiti, working with Neighbourhood Watch, the Ottawa Police Service and other partners are important first steps. Join us for a short presentation about Hintonburg's experience fighting back against criminal activity in their community and find out what you can do to make a difference here in Carlington.
Following Cheryl's presentation, the CCA will elect a new board member and provide an update on planning for upcoming community events like the CCA Holiday Potluck and the 2013 Carlington Cup.
We look forward to seeing you Tuesday evening.
Date: Tuesday, November 13
Location: Alexander Community Centre, 960 Silver Street